Friday, February 22, 2013

A video from Charity Water

In my last post I discussed the ordeal that women and children must go through in order to bring water back to their village. While doing some more research and reading up on different non profit organizations I stumbled upon Charity Water from New York and a video they have released on this very ordeal. I think this video does a fantastic job through animation in order to make the point come across loud and clear, but in the same regard in a harsh manner that makes it too graphic for someone of a younger era. I was already passionate about building wells in poverty stricken areas, but this video just increased the amount of fire burning deep inside my soul.



1 comment:

  1. What a good video! My husband, a city planner, overheard it and chimed in with various issues he's read about depletion of groundwater in some areas when wells are dug. He says there's no easy answer when that happens, and he hopes you find one! He'd love to see some complex water recycling, but says that's hard in a remote place.

    ReplyDelete